Used Car Buying Process FAQs
Enterprise Car Sales makes the car buying process easy. Our FAQs will help you through the entire process, from identifying the vehicle you want to understanding your financing options.
To purchase a car from Enterprise Car Sales, you will need a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and an accepted form of payment. If you’d like to expedite the process, bring the following:
- Down payment in the form of debit or credit card, money order or check
- Proof of income if you’ve switched jobs in the last year (if you plan to finance the purchased vehicle)
- Proof of residence if you’ve moved in the last year (if you plan to finance the purchased vehicle)
If you have a vehicle to trade in, also bring the following:
- Vehicle you want to trade in
- Trade title
- Trade-in appraisal estimate , if available (Final appraisal at dealership)
If you still owe money on the vehicle you’re trading in, also bring the following:
- Payoff quote
- Payoff lender
No. Feel free to walk in, call us at 1-800-406-1025 or chat with us online. You can also start your used car purchase online. Shop our inventory and start your car purchase online! Estimate your trade-in value and monthly payments, schedule a test drive and apply for financing – all from the comfort of your home.
If you’re looking to test drive a specific vehicle, we recommend making an appointment so your Sales Consultant can have the exact make and model you want available. Or if it is more convenient, you can also schedule a test drive by selecting “Start My Purchase” on the specific car that you’re interested in test driving. Find the right car for you and schedule a test drive.
If you're purchasing a used car, some fees to consider include:
- Title and registration fees
- Emissions testing and/or state inspection fees
- Transfer fees
- Documentation fees, which is a fee from the dealership to process the car sale. The documentation fee is known by different names in different states. The documentation fee may also be referred to as an administrative fee, dealer application processing fee, dealer conveyance fee, dealer documentary preparation service fee, dealer documentary service fee, dealer processing charge, dealer transfer service fee, delivery and handling fee, document preparation fee, document process charge, documentary fee, documentary preparation fee, documentary service, documentary service fee, documentary service charge, documentation & compliance fee, processing fee, processing service fee and/or service fee.
If you’re purchasing a new car, you might incur those fees as well, and will need to consider the following additional fees . You will not encounter these additional new car fees when purchasing a used vehicle from Enterprise Car Sales.
- Destination fees
- Car dealer advertising fees
- Dealer preparation fees
- Additional transportation or freight fees
- Extended warranty fees
- Maintenance plan fees
- V.I.N. etching fees
- Financing fees, such as leasing charges
- A.D.M. or A.D.P. fees, which stands for “Additional Dealer Markup” and “Additional Dealer Price”
If you want to expedite the process, you can do the following:
- Browse inventory online
- Set up an appointment
- Complete a credit application online
- If trading in, use our online valuation tool to get an idea of what your car’s worth
You can also start your used car purchase online by shopping our inventory, estimating your trade-in value and monthly payments, scheduling a test drive and applying for financing – all from the comfort of your home.
Yes. Enterprise offers 7-Day Buyback . For a period of seven days or 1,000 miles beyond the odometer reading at purchase, whichever comes first, you can return your car for the price you paid, minus a $200 restocking fee (as allowed by law). Restrictions apply. See a Sales Consultant for details.
No. Our Sales Consultants receive the same compensation for every vehicle sold, regardless of make and model, because our goal at Enterprise Car Sales is to make sure you find the right car for you.
A Sales Consultant will review the vehicle with you and make sure you’re familiar with the car’s specific features and technology.
Browse our inventory online for certified used cars, trucks, vans, SUVS for sale.